The Club’s mission statement is to inspire and enable all young people in Blackpool, especially those in our localities considered to be disadvantaged, to realise their potential as productive, responsible and caring members of our community.
Our objective of youth work is:
- To inform, consult, advise and involve our young people
- To foster initiative & sense of responsibility
- To develop physical, emotional & economic resilience in our youth
- To provide learning opportunity as well as opportunity to make good use of leisure time
- To help develop inner talents and make use of their full potentials
80 Years Strong
Blackpool Boys & Girls Club celebrated its 80th anniversary this year and is a registered charity No. 1165659 Our membership is made up of young people predominantly drawn from an area blighted by severe social deprivation with high levels of unemployment, low income families, lone parents, young people registered as NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) with little or no qualifications and low lifestyle expectations. The area suffers severe socio-economic problems with drug and alcohol abuse, obesity and general health problems, smoking and high levels of anti-social behaviour.